Ever wondered what all that color is made out of and how to make it?
Well, believe it or not, it is easier than you think.
Make your own color powder at home by following the easy recipe below.
What you will need:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water (give or take)
- Food coloring
- Mix the flour and water in a large bowl until it forms a thick paste.
- Add your favorite food coloring to the paste and mix it in with your hands. (You may want to wear gloves!)
- Scoop the paste from the bowl and form it into a ball with your hands.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the ball into a disc that is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Let the disc sit over night, until it has completely dried.
- Use a coffee grinder or blender to crumble the disc back into powder. Use a flour sifter to separate clumps. Put any remaining clumps of powder back in the grinder or blender, and repeat until all color is a soft powder
You can also purchase color packet below. Each packet is only $3, and you can choose from a rainbow of colors! The powder is also UV reactive, if you choose to throw a night time Blacklight color party!